7.12.2005

Feeling quite pleased...

Saturday's romp was fantastic! Three totally different bands + a packed yard full of adorable tots = a perfect show! I've become quite the booker, if I do say so myself. Heh.

The Chance started the show with an excellent set of guitar-driven rock, and having seen them play at their usual volume, I was quite surprised at how great they sounded with the amps turned down! Their killer drummer Viraj --whose drumming is usually quite explosive and LOUD -- also really helped with keeping the volume down, while still sounding awesome.

Next up were The Porch Swingers playing sweet acoustic bluegrass. Man, I love a fiddle player! Lovely voices and lovely music and an awesome rendition of "Jackson" made for a great set. I hear they've been keeping the folks down at the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market entertained -- totally worth a trip down there, not to mention the delicious produce you're bound to pick up!

Finishing up the afternoon were indie-rock supergroup Chop Chop, made up of former members of Perfect Souvenir, Tuscadero, Velocity Girl, as well as current members of Spoils of NW and The High Signs! How can you go wrong with a lineup like that?? As could be expected, they rocked and ended the show on a high note.

Umm, I really suck at this show review thing, but I hope I'm getting across how much I enjoyed this romp. It was AWESOME. Thanks and smooches to The Chance, The Porch Swingers and Chop Chop! Go see them when you get the chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home