8.14.2005

All hail the Air Guitar King!

Yesterday's Romp was so freakin' awesome, I don't know where to begin. Click the photo above to see the proof. Kids! With guitars and microphones! ONSTAGE! A Rock-n-Romp first, I do believe. The sno-cones and the sprinkler to run through to cool off put them in a rockin' mood!

The Bolophonics played an awesome set despite the sweaty conditions, and even played one of my favorite Smiths songs -- a band after my own heart! Then the excellent Gena Rowlands Band breezed in to play a fabulous set, then blew on out to finish packing! Alas, Bob leaves DC for LA today. His talent will be missed, but you can always buy his CD for your GRB fix. Seriously, BUY IT. Good, good stuff.

Finally, after hours of sweating and beer-drinking and sno-cone slurping (beer sno-cone, anyone?), Blame It On Debbie Lee took the stage in front of a packed yard. My friends The Blames (Bill, Kim, Mike and Mark) allowed me to front their band and rock out some cool kid songs. It was awesome. I think I say "awesome" too much, but I really can't think of a better word. The band rocked and the kids really dug it. What more could we want?
The kids won't be able to think of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" the same old, boring way again! Heh. Maybe this awesome band can be persuaded to rock-n-romp again? I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again to those who braved the heat! Hope to see you next month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home